So it's been on my mind for a while now (3-4years) that I wanted to make a game that had several unique features that made it stand out.
The list below is a set of features I want to incorporate in said game:
- Semi-realistic communication (i.e. Everyone receives all your messages (hoping for encryption) unless close enough to do P2P comms)
- PVP where 'shields' can only block inbound energy weapons fire after you know the modulation and phase (a.k.a after it hits your ship)
- Heat buildup and dissipation from inbound weapons and internal power inefficiencies.
- Missiles are actually scary so armour can/will be helpful
- Modular ship design
- All user input is scriptable a.k.a initial keybindings are just function calls.
- Customisable GUI (thinking browser based tbh)
This is going to be a running post so likely to be edited a fair few times.